Structure Fire

 Sweetmen Lane 1-18-03




On Saturday January 18, 2003 at about 21:42 hours, we were dispatched to a possible structure fire on Sweetmen Ln. in the Old Milford Section of West Milford.  Also dispatched was WMFD Co. 6, 1, 2, 3 and 5 to assist us. Temperature at time of dispatch was approximately 6 above zero.



The fire started in a basement utility room and quickly traveled up the chimney chase to the attic.



One crew battled the blaze in the basement while another worked on the fire in the attic.



Two Firefighters were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.



This is believed to be the area of fire origin, ceiling above utility room. 



The fire was investigated by West Milford Fire Marshall Mike Woch and determined to be electrical.


Back to Incidents